Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Dover Beach Related Poem

Well the Poem is Basically about Losing All faith and Hope. So here Is what we Got: 



Reaching out to something I may never find
Keeps me from moving forward, afraid of what I'll leave behind
It's always dark and there's a chilling cold here
Where around every corner there's something new to fear
I cannot move with no light guiding me
It's impossible to gain distance when I cannot see

The rights the wrongs, how do I tell
When all I feel are the arms of this living hell
Release and trust are things I fear to feel
So now before you God I desperately kneel
Its not the fist time I've felt so frayed
But this time Lord I turn to you instead of the blade

Help me find answers to the questions I don't know
I'm praying for your presence to somehow show
I have picked up broken pieces before
Though I fear I've lost some as they've shattered to the floor
I as you to please now take my hand
I'm not sure I have anyone else who will understand

I've lost all battles within myself it seems is true
Please dear Lord don't let me lose this one too
Show me the path I must now take
But please God hurry, my wills about to break.



by Heather Lehman

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are missing both the essay post game analysis and the parlor poetry assignment. You may want to step up your game a little because both assignments have been marked in the grade book but I do look forward to seeing them when you get around to posting them.

    ReplyDelete